Mail filtering at server

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Sat Jan 14 09:29:30 PST 2006

Hey,

I'm running FreeBSD 5-stable and I'm using the system as mailserver, so
I set up sendmail using this guide:
http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/freebsd/sendmail.html as imap server
I'm using imap-uw. Now I would like to do the following:

1) I would like to get all mail from questions at freebsd.org in a seperate
directory. Currently I do this by filtering my mail in the mailclient (
Thunderbird ). The directory it uses for this is currently
~/mail/Questions/ so I would like to keep that, how can I do this ? Can
I add this to /etc/mail/access ? what would then be the syntax ?

2) I would also like to filter my mail for spam, again: currently I set
up thunderbird to do this: the mail marked as spam/junk dissapears into
the junk folder: ( ~/mail/junk ) What is the best way to set this up ?
can this be done by sendmail itself or should I install an other program
from the portstree

Thanks in advance,

--
-Frank Staals