Lost Root Pasword.

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Sat Jan 14 07:33:23 PST 2006

Hi all,

    Here is a particularly embarrasing statement and question.

S: While working on a FreeBSD 4.4 dev box, changed the root password, but
now, cant su. the password I used is > 12 chars long, and was made
intentionally cryptic. I know all the chars used in the password (yes I have
it written down).

Q: Where are all the ssh password 'guessing' utilities I see the hackers
using on my system? Located, I could really use one.

Failing this, I will need to drive to TO and reboot the system by hand and
change the passwd. a waste of $50 in gas.

-Grant