Sound on Dell D600 laptop

Jerry Dunham jdunham at texas.net
Thu Jan 12 11:20:51 PST 2006

On 12 Jan 2006 at 12:37, Doug Poland wrote:

> On Thu, January 12, 2006 12:15, Li, Qing wrote:
> >
> > 	Has anyone successfully gotten the sound to work
> > 	on the Dell D600 laptop running FreeBSD 6.0?
> >
> > 	If you've done it, could you please share your tricks
> > 	with me.
> >
> I've got a C600 laptop working with sound.  Not sure if it's the same,
> but I added the following line to my /boot/loader.conf
>
> snd_maestro3_load="YES"

The C600 and D600 are quite different critters.  That doesn't guarantee
that your suggestion WON'T work, but it wouldn't be surprising if it
failed.  I don't recall what sound architecture the D600 uses, but it was
a complete redesign following the last of the C-series.  If you need more
information on the D-series I can probably find out.

--
Jerry Dunham
jdunham at texas.net