High availability network filesystem

Daniel Franke daniel at quanza.net
Wed Jan 11 07:04:47 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a question about using freebsd in high availability environments.

I am setting up a cluster of freebsd systems for websites on which downtime is
unacceptable. Everything is redundant and will failover as soon as one of the
components fails, the only single point of failure is the data storage.

What I'm looking for is a network filesystem for which I have 2 servers and
multiple clients. My requirements are that if one of the data servers fails
the clients will not notice this or if they will they'll only notice this for
a minute and that these servers will synchronize the data between them.

I would prefer to keep these 2 servers on FreeBSD.

Are there any solutions for my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel
--
Quanza Engineering B.V.    Elandsstraat 44
Daniel Franke              1016 SG Amsterdam
E: daniel at quanza.net
M: +31 6 13 660 099        www.quanza.net

To verify that this e-mail is actually sent by me or to send me encrypted
e-mail you can get my PGP public key at pgp.mit.edu with the keyID:
0xFB2E781B