replacement for Acrobat Professional?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Jan 11 04:13:49 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 11:59:35PM -0600, Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> >It looks as if people have missed the point that you want to edit
> >PDFs.  If you find a good solution, will you post it, please?

Absolutely.  Actually, I'll be posting my results for posterity
anyway.

> Well, I think Denny had it pretty well when he said:
>       "http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/print/flpsed.html"
>
> #grep -i PDF /usr/ports/print/flpsed/pkg-descr
> Using pdftops, which is part of xpdf one can convert PDF documents to
>    * Import and export PDF.  Therefore it can be used as a PDF editor.

This looks like the best option to me.  I missed this in my search.  :-(

I never thought I'd say this, but we have too *much* software available...

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org

"The cloak of anonymity protects me from the nuisance of caring." -Non Sequitur