acronis question

cp seaside at enjoy.email.ne.jp
Mon Jan 9 05:40:33 PST 2006

         hi maybe you can help!
     I have purchased an external hd which came with the acronis true image
virsion 2.00.
     I made an image of my pc drive which is installed on the ex hd .
     This is where the confusion starts!
      When reading the instructions to make the image i was reccomended to
make a disc
     which is to be used to access the data from the ex hd should my pc
crash.
      My main question is .Is the cd i used to make the image also the cd
which i need to use should
      i need to draw the image from my ex  hd?
      Sorry if my mail is that of a relative newcomer to pc use ,but that is
the case.
                                                             thanks