how should I (best practice) set up permissions for rsync ?

user user at dhp.com
Tue Jan 10 16:52:18 PST 2006

Hi,

I want to rsync /usr/home from one machine to another, for purposes of
backup.

This would be a cinch if I just rsyncd -e ssh, as user "root" from one
machine to another.  The cron job runs with root perms, and the
destination machine gets logged into as root and can write into the
destination /usr/home.

However, I sort of like the idea that root cannot ssh directly into a
freebsd machine, by default.  I am inclined not to change this.

I also would like to keep default /usr/home permissions as they are.

So how should I do this ?

Thanks.