installing dovecot: no dovecot-openssl.conf

Alan Curtis alan.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:01:59 PST 2006

I have installed /usr/ports/dovecot.

When I try to start it, using '/usr/local/etc/rc.d dovecot start' it complains
"Error: Can't use SSL certificate /etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem: No such
file or directory"
Reading '/usr/local/share/doc/dovecot/configuration.txt' says
"If you need to create new SSL certificate, edit dovecot-openssl.cnf and
run mkcert.sh."
but I cannot find a file 'dovecot-openssl.cnf' or 'mkcert.sh' and have
no 'etc/ssl/certs/' (or /usr/share/ssl or /usr/local/share/ssl)