script to monitor internet connection

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jan 9 22:10:31 PST 2006

I thought it might be.

You do realize, hopefully, that this problem most likely has
absolutely nothing to do with your ISP, and if you were to change
ISP's it would probably keep happening.

I work for an ISP that is a DSL provider.  If you supply the make
and model of your DSL modem and whether your in ppp mode or not
I might be able to give you some troubleshooting
steps that would enable you to actually fix the problem.

Ted