Shellscript syntax question

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Mon Jan 9 11:49:03 PST 2006

Hey,

I'm trying to write a ( simple ) shellscript to move files arround, for
this reason I wanted to check wether 'episode_last' has a higher value
than 'episode_first' ( so that last can't be 3 if first is 60 ). So I
tried :

*if** [* ${episode_last} < ${episode_first}* ]*; *then
	<code>
fi

*As I thought what would have been the correct syntax, but I got this error when running the script :

./massmove: line 136: 05: No such file or directory

'05' was the value of $episode_first and '01' was the value of $episode_last

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong/ what it should be and where I could find such info. I tried searching in google about this, but I wasn't able to find anything usefull.

Thanks in advance

--
-Frank Staals