how do you install wx-config in FreeBSD?

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Mon Jan 9 03:30:41 PST 2006

bob self wrote:
> JD Arnold wrote:

> Thanks. Things are starting to work. Now that wx-config works a couple more
> questions have come up about wxgtk2. I tried building the penguin sample
> that
> comes with wxWidgets. I get a link warning:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libm.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1,
> not found (try using -rpath or
> -rpath-link)
>
> When I try to run it, I get:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.3" not found, required by
> "libGL.so.1"
>
> How do I fix this problem? All of my ports are supposed to be up-to-date.

If I do a locate on libm.so.3, I see it in /usr/local/lib/compat. I see that the
one in /usr/lib is libm.so.4.  I don't know anything about either of these. That's
why it is saying to use the -rpath option, to add /usr/local/lib/compat to your
ld search path.

You're probably pushing the envelope here, working with multimedia controls. You
might try asking on the wxWidgets mailing list for more specific wxWidgets help.

--
Jonathan Arnold               (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Jiggle The Handle, a personal blog    http://jiggle.anaze.us

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
 - Don Marquis