portmanager core dumps

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:30:50 PST 2006

Good Afternoon

At times when in a hurry or not thinking as fast as my fingers, I try
to run "portupgrade -s | grep OLD" from a regular user account instead
of "sudo portupgrade -s | grep OLD".

I would expect portupgrade to insult my intelligence and question my
heritage .... or is that question my intelligence and insult my
heritage. Well, it doesn't do either. It core dumps. This will happen
on more than one system running 6 Stable and the updated portmanager.

[robert at frankie] ~> pkg_info | grep portmanager
portmanager-0.4.1_4 FreeBSD installed ports status and safe update
utility

Thanks

Robert