oracle on freeBSD

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Sat Jan 7 10:29:24 PST 2006

On 6 Jan 2006, at 20:40, Ceri Davies wrote:

> On 4 Jan 2006, at 18:59, eoghan wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> Im wondering if there is any info on getting oracle running on
>> freeBSD (im using 6.0). I have found this:
>> http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/howto-oracle.html
>> But it seems a little dated. I read oracle doesnt officially
>> support freeBSD and was pointed to a link here of people working
>> with it:
>> http://twister.pp.ru/ora-fbsd
>> I dont speak russian, but is this no longer being continued?
>> Also, by oracle, I mean the database. i realise they have many
>> products...
>> Any info would help...
>
> In my opinion, the best online how-to for this by far is the one at
> http://www.shadowcom.net/freebsd-oracle9i/ - I intend to produce
> something for the handbook once I get the time, but if you follow
> the instructions there you will not go far wrong.
>
> On metalink yesterday I noticed that "Intel FreeBSD" appears in the
> list of operating systems when you raise a TAR (whoops, I mean SR
> these days), so perhaps they will support it if you pay them
> enough, I don't know.
>
> Ceri

HI Ceri
Thanks for the link... Im having issues with the install of emulators/
linux_base... doesnt like linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_4
Not sure if this lib does the same in terms of linux gcc etc?
I did read that the 10g install goes a whole lot smoother than the
9i... havent had a chance to really dive into the install yet though...
Eoghan