pls help network thoughput

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 19:57:11 PST 2006

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your help in advance

I keep checking the loading. it is running fine. the
load averages is not over to 1.0

System info:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
2G memory

for the sysctl var:

kern.polling.enable=1
kern.polling.user_frac=10
kern.ipc.somaxconn=2048
kern.polling.poll_in_trap=1

I don't run   iperf and my switch is not managable.

could you provide any hints to check it?

and tune the system also.

Thank you again

last pid: 47008;  load averages:  0.00,  0.02,  0.02
                                             up
80+11:09:17  22:42:18
31 processes:  1 running, 30 sleeping
CPU states:     % user,     % nice,     % system,
% interrupt,     % idle
Mem: 100M Active, 1639M Inact, 201M Wired, 60M Cache,
199M Buf, 11M Free