Problem with cvs commit failed in cvs-freebsd setup

Jose Liang jliang at so-net.net.tw
Fri Jan 6 19:56:03 PST 2006

Dear all:

I installed my CVS repository followed the step in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freebsd/,
after cvs add the scripts of FreeBSD CVS repository,
when cvs commit it has failed and complains wrong information as follows:

cvs commit: cannot exec /cvsroot/CVSROOT/commitcheck: No such file or
directory
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

And there is a commitcheck in /cvsroot/CVSROOT/, with limit -r-xr-xr--,
my setting in cvsd.conf is:
(installed by /usr/ports/devel/cvsd)

RootJail /home/cvs/cvs
Repos /cvsroot

my system: FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE i386
CVS version: 1.11.17-FreeBSD

Please help me how to deal with this problem?
Thanks a lot!

Jose Liang