DBus, Hald and Gnome Volume Manager

Crispy Beef crispy.beef at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 6 07:17:20 PST 2006

Hi,

Have recently set-up hald, dbus and gnome-volume-manager on my Linux box so
that devices are automounted in fstab etc.  Works great!  Have had a look to
see if I can have this running with Gnome on my 6.0-RELEASE laptop, found dbus
in ports, but hald and gnome-volume-manager are nowhere to be seen.

Did some more digging and found that hald doesn't seem to have been ported yet
which is probably why I've hit a dead end.  The site I found the info on was
from 2004 so it could be out of date, any ideas if there's been any progress
in this area?

Cheers.

--
Paul