portupgrade freezing

Tom Grove freebsd at voidmain.net
Wed Jan 4 12:18:17 PST 2006

Dave wrote:

> Hello,
>    Last portupgrade i did showed portupgrade itself was in need of
> updating. I ran portupgrade -arR and i got portupgrade v2.01,1, now
> when i run a portupgrade command the system just sits there. I don't
> get any output at all. I have uninstalled portupgrade and reinstalled
> it, no change. Any help welcome.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Do you have to power off the system before it will be responsive again
or just kill portupgrade?
Have you looked through the logs for any messages?
portupgrade v2.01,1...are you sure; that doesn't seem to correspond with
my versioning scheme? What does pkg_info say about portupgrade and it's
version?
What does portversion -l "<" say about portupgrade?

-Tom