Kernel Compilation...

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed Jan 4 12:12:11 PST 2006

Nikolas Britton writes:

>  Still sounds like a hardware problem.

	Maybe not.
	A couple of years back - in the early days of 4.x - I had a
problem which I /think/ manifested in the manner originally
described.
	It turned out to be the script I'd set up to automate this
process - an unnecessary "make depends" IIRC.  It was the same error
every time, but the exact location changed.  Drove me up the wall.
	Unless you (generic) really really really know what you're
doing, follow the steps in the Handbook.  They're tested, and they
work.  Including reading /ysr/src/UPDATING.

				Robert Huff