Mozilla plugins broken after port upgrade

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 15:11:29 PST 2006

Chris Hill wrote:

> This led me to
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/107925.html
>
> ...which was exactly what I was looking for.
>
>> For acroread make sure you rename /usr/local/bin/acroread7
>> to /usr/local/bin/acroread.
>

> Beech,
>
> Thank you that, and especially thank you for writing the "107925" post
> referred to above. Your procedure worked beautifully.

Did the 107925 post work for you? it was superceded by
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/107927.html
which corrected a typo, specifically

rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins

(possibly wrapped) was replaced by

rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins

I used the second and it worked. I can't see how the first would work
(but that doesn't mean much :).

Chris