Is remote gdb debugging supported on FreeBSD-5.4?

Paul Marciano pm940 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 10:10:28 PST 2006

I have a need to remotely debug an application on a
remote FreeBSD-5.4 machine that is devoid of utilities
and source code.

I previously asked a question about gdbserver, but it
looks like it's not available so I'll ask the more
general question.

I could login in to the remote machine, mount a source
and utility NFS partition and run gdb locally, but I
would rather attach a gdb session from my development
machine to the target machine.

Is remote debugging with gdb supported at all on
FreeBSD (5.4)?

Thanks,
Paul.