Mozilla plugins broken after port upgrade

Beech Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:45:16 PST 2006

On Monday 02 January 2006 01:44 pm, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> [snip]
>
> >> The mailman search interface is screwed up, and the FreeBSD search
> >> engine and Google haven't indexed recent threads yet.  A look through
> >> December's archives would've turned these up.
> >>
> >> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/10792
> >>2.h tml
> >> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/10709
> >>8.h tml
>
> Micah,
>
> This led me to
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-December/107925.h
>tml ...which was exactly what I was looking for.
>
> > For acroread make sure you rename /usr/local/bin/acroread7
> > to /usr/local/bin/acroread.
>
> Beech,
>
> Thank you that, and especially thank you for writing the "107925" post
> referred to above. Your procedure worked beautifully.

You're welcome. I was working on a patch to fix those problems, but an update
to -CURRENT broke the linuxpluginwrapper port and it doesn't compile. Our
6-STABLE machines are all in production and I don't want to experiment on
them. I'll just have to wait till the port maintainer fixes the probs. with
-CURRENT and I'll address it from there. AFIK, the fixes I posted still work
with 6 and below.

FWIW, I've emailed the maintainer a couple of times with questions about
linuxpluginwrapper and received no response, so I don't have any idea about
the state of this port.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com