natd -redirect_port question

Laurence Sanford lauasanf at wilderness.homeip.net
Sun Jan 1 19:21:32 PST 2006

I have natd set up on a 4.10 box to get the rest of my network on the
internet. I have an application that requires connections to be able to
be established on a specific port. The problem is, sometimes I run this
app on system A and sometimes on system B. The port stays the same. So
in my rc.conf I have included in natd_flags -redirect_port tcp
systemA:port port ; currently if I want to use the app on system B I'm
having to reboot the natd box. Obviously this seems silly, however, I've
found that trying to reset this information using a command line like:
natd -n dc0 -redirect_port systemB:port port results in an errror
stating redirect can't bind to that port, because it's already in use.
I'm convinced I'm overlooking an easy way to change this redirect on the
fly without having to reboot the natd box. Anyone care to point me the
right direction? Thanks in advance.