STressing a new server...

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun Jan 1 13:20:13 PST 2006

	Folks,

	When I bought this bare-bones box and plugged in "stuff"
	it took several days of figuring out what benchmark and
	other utilities to run to stress it.  After a few weeks of
	pushing the load to 70+, the burning-in was a fair indicator
	that the HW would last.  After 4+ years, no prob.  Now I
	have a new box, custom built.

	Unfortunately, I've lost (or forgotten!) the same of the
	*.sh script and some of the utilities.  So what should I
	be running and with an example of args?  Last time I believe
	there were 5 or 6 stressors.

	Also, what's the memory testor utility calld?  I have
	a gig of DDR in this new puppy, and want to be sure that
	every last BIT is good.

	Help much appreciated!

	gary

--