elinks-0.11.1: "make install" fails

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:41:21 PST 2006

On 2/28/06, a <a at zeos.net> wrote:
> Does links support Java-script?

As a matter of fact, yes. I compared this javascript test page* in
both links and firefox, both did everything correctly.

* http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/GO/EXPLORIT/java/IntroJavaScript.html

Also Links 2 can do color at the console and it can use SVGALIB or
X11, to display graphics, if you use the -g flag. Full mouse support
at the console and in graphical mode, downloads stuff in the
background etc.

On some of my servers I install X11 (I just use the default twm) with
a tabbed terminal emulator, Links with graphical support, and stuff
like pgadmin3. I find that I can work faster in X11 because I can have
open 16+ xterms, run links -g to look up docs, and copy & paste all on
one screen. running pgadmin3 is a plus too when your migrating from
7.3 => 8.1. I'm sure alot of old hats cringe at the idea of running
X11 on a server, I don't like the the general Idea of it too, but for
me it's faster then Alt + Fn. I just had to do a complete rebuild
(backup, wipe, fresh install of 6.1-PRERELEASE, updated ports) of one
server and man was it a time saver, sitting at a black and white
console for 48 hours is no fun :-\

Anyways back to Links, the only downfall of Links is that it doesn't
do ssl (https), but I think the only one that does ssl is Lynx-ssl

http://links.twibright.com/features.php

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/