SMB Shared Printer not showing shares

Steel City Phantom scphantm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 21:01:31 PST 2006

I have followed every howto i can find on getting printing to work with
cups.  i finally gave up and plugged the printer into my windows machine
and shared it there.  now, my wife's Linspire machine can see it and
print fine (Linspire uses kde 3.4, cups, samba share).  Now my fresh new
bsd 6 machine can't see the same smb share.  I go add printer, SMB
Shared Printer, put in the user administrator and password, click on the
refresh to see all the workgroups, workgroup shows fine, open the
windows server workgroup and no server.  i go to a command prompt and do
a smbclient -U bla -L server and i see a list of all shares, including
the hidden ones and the printer i wish to print to.

If i type the information in manually, then it adds the printer to cups
but shows the status as stopped.

I have tried every combination of this i can think of, nothing seems to
work.  you guys have any ideas?