Does FreeBSD have problems with SCSI CD-drives ??

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Feb 28 12:18:48 PST 2006

I believe it is more incompatibilities with older BIOS and SCSI BIOS,
etc.  I have an older MB that won't boot the SCSI CD.  This is really
problematic as the system will boot the floppies, but cannot after booting,
find the boot device.  I have to mount the cd and update from the mounted
cd.  Once I have the system loaded on the hard drive it is fine.

I know this is of no help, just letting you know you are not alone.

         -Derek