FreeBSD 6.0 install: Cannot dump. No dump device found...

Jordan Mendler jmendler at ucla.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:44:22 PST 2006

> 2. Google for known issues for your motherboard and your
> other hardware
It seems that even though the Sil 3112 SATA (on board) controller on my
motherboard uses is supposed to be supported by FreeBSD, that is very
blotchy. I guess thats what it is, so does this mean I just have to
wait for a newer version of FreeBSD and hope it gains better support
for it? Or is there any other way to workaround it?

I tried all the other suggestions and still have the same problem.

Thanks, Jordan