mutt

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Mon Feb 27 10:19:52 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006, a wrote:
>How to set SMTP server for mutt?
>I have different POP and SMTP servers.

As far as I know, mutt expects to pipe its output to a program,
sendmail by default.  The default value in my ~/.muttrc file is:

set sendmail="/usr/lib/sendmail -oem -oi"

Looking at the ``man muttrc'', I didn't see any references to
SMTP delivery.  If I didn't have a working sendmail interface, I
would write a python or perl script that would handle the SMTP
delivery, and pipe to that.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``People who relieve others of their money with guns are called robbers. It
does not alter the immorality of the act when the income transfer is
carried out by government.''