anyone recognize this panic?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Feb 26 23:52:33 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 11:34:11PM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:

> It also occurs on RELENG_5 but that machine is my gateway and firewall.
>
> It may be trying to confuse me but I have to use the NIC in XP before it
> will panic on the FreeBSD boot. My sacrificial machine only runs
> 6-stable and it is much harder to make panic.

XP is probably leaving the NIC in some kind of inconsistent state,
causing the diagnostic error at boot.  Fixing that will probably
require detailed knowledge of the hardware, but it still should not
panic in the error path, and this part should be easier to fix since
it's probably just a bad assumption about lock state.

Can you submit a PR about this, including the below URLs?

> I have 3 280+KB images of the panic and traceback. They are
> http://owt-207-41-94-232.owt.com/panic-0.jpg	panic
> http://owt-207-41-94-232.owt.com/panic-1.jpg	1st page of trace
> http://owt-207-41-94-232.owt.com/panic-2.jpg	2nd page of trace

Kris