FreeBSD 6.0 install: Cannot dump. No dump device found...

Jordan Mendler jmendler at ucla.edu
Sun Feb 26 17:13:38 PST 2006

I am trying to install FreeBSD for the first time on an athlon xp 1700
w/ 1 gb of ram and get the following error message at the beginning
right after it loads all the drivers:
Uptime: 1s
Cannot dump. No dump device defined.
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds. Press any key on the console to abort.

I tried slowing the memory timing, using boot and full install discs,
as well as trying 5.4 and 6.1-BETA2, and get the same problem every
time. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can get past it
to install FreeBSD?

Thanks, Jordan