changing Sendmail server's IP address, nightmare!

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Feb 26 15:34:37 PST 2006

It is not a nightmare to change a mailserver's IP number,
but it is a long process to change a DNS servers IP number if
that server was fully registered in the root nameservers.

Generally, putting your main mailserver and main DNS server
on the same box is considered not very smart these days.

You need to get your ISP involved in this process, that kind
of support is what your paying them for.  If they can't help
(and I highly doubt that) then find another ISP that can.

Ted