How to upgrade portsnap in freebsd 6.0?

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:13:49 PST 2006

On Sunday 26 February 2006 16:50, Steve P. wrote:
> pkg_delete worked, as confirmed by pkg_version does not show it
> anymore.
>
> However, when I attempt to make install it from ports, I get this:
>
> # make install
> ===>  portsnap-1.0 portsnap now contained in the base system.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Any idea?

Reread what Kris replied, especially the part that says: "It's now
contained in the base system," then read the message from when you try
to make from the ports system: "===> portsnap-1.0 now contained in the
base system." What that all means is that since you deinstalled the
port, you are done. Finished. Nothing more to do. Nothing tricky
needed. Just use portsnap v1.0

Don