cloning freebsd from desktop to laptop computer.

Dmitri Pisarev dimaip at mail.ru
Sun Feb 26 00:37:17 PST 2006

I've got laptop Toshiba Portege 3480CT(no floppy, no CD-ROM, no booting
from USB flash supported etc. 40G HDD) and a desktop computer running
FreeBSD 6.0(athlon 3200+, WD 80G HDD).
I need to install freebsd on to my laptop computer.
The question is, is it posible to copy the freebsd patition to the
laptop computer somehow, so it would remain bootable? I tried to copy my
ad0s2(my BSD partition) to ad0s3 on laptop, using dd.exe for windows,
and all i get is "Boot error". I'm using freebsd bootloader on desktop,
and BootMagic on laptop, could that be a problem?
any help or suggestions are appreciated.