server problem

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:00:20 PST 2006

For clarity's sake:

On 2/24/06, Jack williams <jack_panic_switch at hotmail.com> wrote:
> no there trying to use my ip address i have given them my right one
> by the way. i just cant think of what could be wrong

Might be a case of your isp blocking it, check your terms of service
to see if they have such policies.

http://www.dynu.com/ provides free redirection and a FreeBSD
client, and if it is your isp not allowing inbound on port 80
you can have it proxied to another port (8888 is default, I think)
at their end.
And if you decide to pay for a real domain name, the redirection
can still be pretty inexpensive (or free).