setting up french keyboard

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 24 07:33:58 PST 2006

--- "Webster, Andrew" <awebster at connectalk.com> wrote:

> [...]

Well I changed the LANG variable and my keyboard still outputs English.
Ideally I would like to toggle between an English keyboard and a French
one.  I got one suggestion to use the kbdcontrol command but that too does
has no effect.  Although when I tried the equivalent method of setting it
up in /etc/rc.conf via the keymap variable and rebooted, the console
(before startx) was affected (the key bindings were still wrong) but when
I entered X-windows I was back to where I started.

--
Peter