/etc/rc.d/jail can't stop jail

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Feb 23 17:00:53 PST 2006

Thanks to Valerio daelli for pointing out that the names I had in my rc.conf
needed to be changed to match the actual jail name.

The jail now starts, however trying to kill it still doesn't work.
There is no error and running /etc/rc.d/jail mail stop shows
Stopping jails: mail12.

However the jail remains. It seems all processes inside the jail die, but
the jail remains. In particular I notice ssh dies.

Anything needs to be run from within the jail before running /etc/rc.d/jail
stop?