Build Backwards Compatible MySQL Client Libs

Don O'Neil don at lizardhill.com
Thu Feb 23 16:46:44 PST 2006

Hi all...

  I have some OLD programs I don't have the source for that were built with
the MySQL 3.23.55 client libraries. They still work great, even when using
those libraries to connect to 4.1.18 Mysql (I have a copy of the old lib in
the new lib dir)

However, is there some way I can build a 3.X compatible library (the old one
is mysqlclient.so.10) with the latest source so I can get all the bug fixes
and still be backwards compatible?

I tried creating a link to the new lib with the old name, but there is a
function call that is missing the old programs complain about when they run.

Thanks!!