Looking for a mentor on php/mysql

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Thu Feb 23 13:02:36 PST 2006

Robert Uzzi wrote:
>> I am trying to teach my self php/mysql/html programming.
>> I have done native static html web sites before.
>> Running FreeBSD 6.0 with apache13, php, and mysql all installed and
>> working.
>>
>> Have read a few php books and searched the web for code snippets.
>> Have been on some of the php forum sites, but responses are not forth
>> coming.
>>
>> Looking for a mentor to guide me with puting all the pieces together.
>> I have a working panel for registering a user that writes to a flat
>> text file.
>> Need guidance in changing this to use mysql. Would email you direct
>> outside of the questions list.
>>

> While I don't consider myself knowledgable enough to help you with php I
> have found this site helpful when I am looking for code ideas.
> http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/PHP/1

Hi,

I'm not experienced enough in PHP to be a mentor
in it but from one beginner to another maybe this
will be useful.

Here is a link to a resource I used to get myself
up-and-running with PHP.
http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/index.php

I wrote the attached code when I playing around
with the example from the MySQL manual.  It's just
play code bu maybe it can point you to the name of
functions (methods) to investigate.

Hth,

--Duane