Newbie Alert : pkg_add and packages Q (do not want to compile)

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Wed Feb 22 18:37:11 PST 2006

do pkg_info
look in the output for xterm. it will contain its complete name
if its name in the list output is xterm-203  then
pkg_delete xterm-203   this will remove it

then pkg_add -rv xterm  should fetch the package from the ports
collection and install it.

There is a better explanation of the ports collection in the install
guide at
www.a1poweruser.com