Qpopper v4.0.8

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Wed Feb 22 12:15:02 PST 2006

As you said you have just upgraded, did you use the port to upgrade?  If
you did it will use the configuration setting to build qpopper.  Otherwise,
if you downloaded qpopper's source and built it yourself, you need to check
the configuration settings.

You should verify qpopper is built and executable:
ls -l /usr/local/libexec/qpopper

If you are using tcp wrappers disable them to test qpopper by uncommenting
the line:
#ALL : ALL : allow
in /etc/hosts.allow

as a last check, it never hurts to reboot the box, so you are sure there
are no issues from old processes or sockets.

If you are still having problems connecting check the log add the option:
-t [some log file location and file name]
such as
-t /var/log/qpopper.log

Then you can see what the problems are.

Hope this helps.