Free BSD on Macintosh OS 10.3.9 ?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Wed Feb 22 01:54:38 PST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 20:14, elisabet lundvall wrote:
> can I use free BSD in my mac? I have Panther in my iBook, but there is
> no BSD in it.
> I tryed once to get it from the CD OS 10.2.3, but since it was older
> than my updated
> system OS 10.3.9 the system crashed! I need the BSD to try out the
> Adobe program Indesign.
> Do you know what I should do?

Elizabet,

I think you're confusing the BSD Base System (installed as an optional extra
off the OS X CD) with FreeBSD (a complete operating system).

If you need the BSD base system you will need an up-to-date OS X CD.  But I've
found it won't work with a patched system, so you will at best have to
reinstall off a 10.3 CD.  (or upgrade to 10.4)

Ashley