6.0 stable: linuxpluginwrapper port build failure

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:13:09 PST 2006

On 2/20/06, Chandan Haldar <chandanh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the direction.  All goes well until portupgrade asks me
> to run 'pkgdb -F',
> which asks me to resolve stale dependencies.  I have a large number of
> ports installed and
> the dependencies seem somewhat intractable for manual resolution.  Is
> this the only way
> to resolve the stale dependencies or am I as usual missing something :-(
> ?  From the pkgdb
> manpage I could not understand the implication of the score and how that
> helps me
> select a new dependency...

If you have some spare time, consider reinstalling all
the ports.

# pkg_delete -a
# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
# make install clean
# portinstall firefox mplayer whatever
(You only need to portinstall the leaf ports, everything
else will be installed by dependencies, naturally)

pkgdb -F is not a complicated process, but you'll
have to learn things like 'fam and gamin do the
same thing' or 'I don't have something, but I have
something-core'. Pkgdb tries to guess, but it does
a poor job at that.