FreeBsd Help

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Feb 20 00:21:44 PST 2006

On 2006-02-19 21:23, Kris Wieschhaus <ktrw25 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am a college student at HLG college. I am a Computer
> Information Systems major and I have chosen to present FreeBSD
> to my class as a final project. I downloaded version 6.0 from
> the freeBSD Site. I made a bootable CD-ROM from the ISO image
> disc one. The installation seemed to have went ok, but when I
> go to put a password in for the root user nothing happens. When
> I type letters the insertion point (cursor) just stays in the
> same place as if no letters are being typed. When I turn it on
> now it seems to boot up fine. After I type in my login name and
> password I am unsure of how to install or run an application,
> which I am required to do for the project. I have tried finding
> a basic tutorial on the internet, but have been unable to do
> so. Please Help!!!

You should start with the Handbook and the rest of the online
documentation:

    http://www.FreeBSD.org/docs.html

If you haven't found these already, then do yourself a favor and,
at the very least, skim through the contents of these help
documents.  Then, you will know what is documented, where it is
documented, and how to find more.