wdm

RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Sat Feb 18 15:46:33 PST 2006

Anyone been able to get wdm working with flux box and gnome?  I seem to be able to login to kde and wmaker but that is all.  I have the options in the session menu but when i choose fluxbox or gnome either nothing happens or i get wmaker.  I followed the instructions here.

http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php/Howto_add_fluxbox_to_wdm

here is some of my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/wdm/Xclients

        fluxbox*|FluxBox)
        # startup fluxbox
        FLUXBOX_PATH=/usr/X11r6/bin/fluxbox
        if ! test -x $FLUXBOX_PATH ; then
                FindInPath $FLUXBOX_PATH
                if test -n "$result" -a -x "$result"; then
                        $FLUXBOX_PATH="$result";
                fi
        fi
        if [ -x $FLUXBOX_PATH ] ; then
                echo Starting FluxBox >$HOME/.xwm.msgs
                exec $FLUXBOX_PATH >>$HOME/.xwm.msgs 2>&1
        fi
        ;;

         gnome*|GNome)
        # startup gnome
        GNOME_PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-wm
        if ! test -x $GNOME_PATH ; then
                FindInPath $GNOME_PATH
                if test -n "$result" -a -x "$result"; then
                        $GNOME_PATH="$result";
                fi
        fi
        if [ -x $GNOME_PATH ] ; then
                echo Starting GNome >$HOME/.xwm.msgs
                exec $GNOME_PATH >>$HOME/.xwm.msgs 2>&1
        fi
        ;;

        icewm*|IceWm)
                # startup icewm
                ICEWM_PATH=icewm
                if ! test -x $ICEWM_PATH ; then
                        FindInPath $ICEWM_PATH
                        if test -n "$result" -a -x "$result"; then

here is the line from wdm-config

DisplayManager*wdmWm:           wmaker:enlightenment:gnome:kde:fluxbox

please help

--
Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S. Barton