Setting up VPN+IPSec+Racoon

Michael Vince mv at roq.com
Fri Feb 17 18:30:29 PST 2006

Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it is the first time I have to set up such configuration. Could you
> tell me some guidelines? What should I care about? I see there's a
> chapter in the Handbook about VPN. It mentions the FAST_IPSEC kernel
> option in >5.X. Should I use this implemetation or the KAME
> implementation? What are the differencies, and what are the
> advantages, disadvantages of each?
> If you know some other good tutorial or howto, please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gabor Kovesdan
You can try my VPN setup script, I created it largely just for my self
so I could easily remember all the knobs of VPN with out needing any notes.
But thought it would be nice to try and make it easier on other people
as well, and thought it would be good to try and make it comparable easy
to all the super easy and cheap SOHO equipment you can get these days.
http://roq.com/projects/vpnsetup/index.html
http://www.roq.com/projects/vpnsetup/vpnsetup.pl
It does the racoon(ipsec-tools) configuration the ipsec.conf and the
needed routes. Everything you should need excluding ip configuration in
/etc/rc.conf and firewall rules

I haven't had that much feed back on it except the slack code :P

Regards,
Mike