NVidia GeForce 6600 problems

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Feb 17 04:18:32 PST 2006

Alejandro Pulver wrote:

>Well, that was part of the problem, but I still have errors with one
>OpenGL application (I have tested others like Doom III and Enemy
>Territory and didn't cause this): a Quake II engine called QuDos.
>Sometimes I get the following:
>
>Program output (QuDos):
>
>Received signal 11, exiting...
>X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
>for operation) Major opcode of failed request:  135
>(XFree86-VidModeExtension) Minor opcode of failed request:  10
>(XF86VidModeSwitchToMode) Value in failed request:  0x1200002
>  Serial number of failed request:  35768
>  Current serial number in output stream:  35771
>
>NVidia kernel module output:
>
>NVRM: Xid: 8, Channel 00000002
>NVRM: Xid: 27,  L1 -> L0

I don't play OpenGL games under FreeBSD so I can't tell if I have the
same problems with my card/driver/Xorg version, sorry.

But I think my original advice still holds.  Try searching the NVidia
forum for your new error and if nothing found try posting a question
there.  And you can *try* downgrading the driver, which may or may not
help, but must be worth a shot.  You could always run WinXP for games
<ducks for cover>

--Alex