Arpwatch?

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:45:41 PST 2006

All,

I've installed arpwatch-2.1.a13_2 on FBSD 6.0 (6.0-RELEASE #0 GENERIC
I386), and it looks like it installed just fine.

However, when I run the rc.d script (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/arpwatch.sh
start) to start it, nothing happens, except that it echoes 'meuh' and
then dies - I found that string in the script, so that seems to be
working, as far as that goes.

I'm wanting to accept defaults for the startup, so haven't edited the
script, nor am I passing any arguments on the command line.

Man arpwatch doesn't reveal anything to me - it's kinda terse, per usual.

However, I am running ntop on the same box, if that makes a difference.

Anyone out there knowledgable about this, and can tell me what goof I'm
making?

Thanks,

Kurt