kdm and fluxbox

RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Wed Feb 15 21:38:59 PST 2006

I am tring to get kdm to log me into fluxbox i have followed the handbook to the letter and can login to gnome kde and enlightnment also options for defaut and failsafe and some others none of which i have tried yet.  However flux box is not there and i cannot seem to find where kde is getting these sessions from.  There does not seem to be any option in kcontrol for session like mentioned in the freebsd handbook i did go into

usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession

and added some lines but nothing happened

   failsafe)
                exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0
                ;;
        kde)
                exec /usr/local/bin/startkde
                ;;
        GNOME)
                exec /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session
                ;;
        FluxBox)
                exec /usr/X11R6/bin/fluxbox
                ;;
        esac
esac

WHERE IS KDM GETTING ITS SESSION INFO FROM AND HOW DO I TELL IT TO ADD FLUXBOX

--
Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S. Barton