Blocking an individual email address

James Csoka jimcsoka at dominionfirstmortgage.com
Wed Feb 15 07:30:53 PST 2006

I am running a FreeBSD 5.4p10 machine at my office.  It functions as our firewall and mailserver.  I am running Mailscanner, which invokes sendmail when necessary to process mail.  Sendmail is not started by default....Mailscanner invokes individual instances of it when it needs to.

Here is my problem.  I have an employee at my office that is sending work email to her home email address.  I need to find a way to block her email address, whether To, From, Cc, Bcc, or whatever, from passing through my mailserver.  I have already added a line to /etc/mail/access  (in the format  email at address.com      REJECT), and have run makemap hash /etc/mail/access.db < /etc/mail/access.     I tested this with my personal email address (external to my network), and it had the effect of blocking any email orginating from my personal email to any address at my work, however it does not prevent me from sending emails to this address from a work address, which is the whole point.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I could tag the address as spam, but I would rather not.  There has to be a way to block anyone from sending to a certain email address, I would think.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jim