LDAP authentication problems

Pavel Duda element at email.cz
Wed Feb 15 06:35:58 PST 2006

Igor Robul wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 03:44:54PM +0100, Pavel Duda wrote:
>
>>Now I have tried to do
>>'id testuser'
>
> You need nss_ldap too.

Yes that was problem at beginig. Unfortunately I had few typos in my
.conf files :-/ so that caused problems. I have refreshed my test jail
and it seems that now everything works just fine (I've not tested only
samba yet). When I have time I'm going to write it all down and make
some mini-howto for Samba-LDAP(-PDC) on FreeBSD. It was not so hard to
get LDAP working but some steps could be confusing for LDAP novices like me.

Have a Nice Day
    Pavel